Pregnant women or those trying to conceive should ensure their and their baby's nutritional needs are met by taking a daily dose of prenatal supplements. Prenatal vitamin gummies provide a balance of essential nutrients to support the mother and baby's development, yet they cannot substitute for a healthy diet, proper medical care, and stress management. To ensure adequate nutrient intake, many women may take essential pregnancy vitamins before pregnancy.
We independently research, review and recommend what we think are the best products that meet your needs. If you buy a product through one of our retail links, we may earn a small affiliate commission at no cost to you.
Vitafusion Prenatal Gummies provide essential nutrients, including DHA, in either natural lemon or raspberry lemonade flavor. Gummy vitamins containing vital nutrients such as folic acid, iron, and calcium can be beneficial for fetal development.
These prenatal vitamin gummies are made with natural fruit flavors and colors for a great taste without any unnecessary additives or fillers. They contain 800 IU of vitamin D, which helps with bone development and may improve the immune system.
SmartyPants prenatal gummy contains essential omega-3 EPA and DHA fatty acids, as well as folic acid. This non-GMO formula provides an excellent source of folate, vitamin D, and vitamin B12 for fetal development, immunity, energy metabolism, and other functions.
Garden of Life Organics prenatal gummy is an organic supplement that provides essential nutrients for fetal growth. These vegan gummy drops are fortified with vitamins and made from real fruits and vegetables.
There are many benefits of prenatal vitamins for women, including omega 3 DHA, vitamin D, and folate support for developing babies before and during pregnancy. Olly essential prenatal gummy multivitamin provides a 30 day supply of gummies. It is easy to take, tastes great, and is made with the best ingredients available without any artificial flavors, or additives.
Glow prenatal gummies are the only essential vitamin and minerals in their most natural, bioavailable forms to ensure your body absorbs what it needs while fostering optimal development for your new baby.
Glow prenatal gummies provide 9 essential nutrients like folic acid, DHA, iron, zinc, ginger, and Vitamin B6 that are needed for fetal development as well as overall well-being. They're a delicious way to prevent morning sickness, and make the perfect on-the-go snacks for pregnancy.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are gummy prenatal vitamins as effective?
Gummy prenatal vitamins supply some of the additional vitamins and minerals required during pregnancy. Currently, gummy prenatal vitamins do not provide additional iron in addition to the necessary amounts of folic acid and iodine.
Are gummy or pill prenatal better?
For women who have difficulty taking regular prenatal pills, prenatal gummy vitamins may be a suitable alternative. Gummies are a convenient alternative to pills, though their composition may vary. Gummies are lower in iron and some vitamins than the regular supplement.
When should I start taking prenatal gummies?
It is recommended to take prenatal vitamins before conception. It is advised that women of reproductive age take prenatal vitamins regularly.
Can prenatal increase my fertility?
The intake of prenatal vitamins does not necessarily increase the likelihood of pregnancy. Taking prenatal vitamins increases your chances of having a healthy pregnancy.
Can it ever be too late to take prenatal vitamins?
It is advisable to take prenatal vitamins at any stage of pregnancy, even if it begins late. Baby development and growth occur throughout the pregnancy, so it is beneficial to begin taking prenatal vitamins as early as possible.
What is the most important prenatal vitamin?
Folic acid is considered to be a crucial vitamin, particularly during the early stages. Folic acid can be found in many leafy and green foods, though it may be difficult to obtain the required amount. Folic acid is beneficial for neural tube development and can reduce the risk of neural tube defects.
Do prenatal gummies help with hair growth?
Prenatal vitamins are important for fetal development, and the essential micronutrients they contain can help promote hair and nail growth for those with deficiencies.
Can a lack of prenatal vitamins cause miscarriage?
Miscarriages are common during pregnancy and can be attributed to a range of causes. Dietary insufficiencies of essential vitamins have been linked to miscarriage, so providing pregnant women with the necessary vitamins before or in the early stages of pregnancy may aid in preventing miscarriages.
What are prenatal vitamins?
Prenatal vitamins are a type of multivitamin specifically designed for pregnant individuals, typically providing the same balance of key nutrients to nourish the body and fetus. Pregnant women need higher amounts of folic acid and iron for a healthy pregnancy.
Nutrients to look for in prenatal gummy vitamins
Meeting increased nutrient needs during pregnancy, along with managing unpleasant symptoms like nausea, vomiting, food aversions, and heartburn may be difficult. Supplementing with a proper prenatal can help to cover any nutritional gaps, ideally containing:
- The recommended daily intake of folic acid (folate or vitamin B9) is 600 mcg. Folic acid plays a role in the formation of the neural tube, which is responsible for fetal brain development and spinal cord development.
- A daily intake of 750 to 770 mcg of Vitamin A is recommended as it aids in the development of a fetus' eyes, ears, limbs, and heart.
- Vitamins C (80 to 85 mg) and E (15 mg) are important for fetal collagen production and support the mother's immune system.
- Vitamin D is an essential daily vitamin for the development of fetal bones and for maintaining maternal bone health.
- It is recommended to consume 1,000 to 1,300 mg of calcium daily for the development of your baby's bones and teeth.
- Taking calcium supplements may minimize the risk of preeclampsia for people with low calcium levels.
- Iodine contributes to the thyroid and brain development of an unborn baby.
- During pregnancy, it is recommended to increase the intake of iron on a day-to-day basis, with approximately 27 milligrams per day. An additional iron supplement is necessary for your body to produce the extra blood required to supply oxygen to you and your baby during pregnancy.
- Taking 12 mcg of zinc can support your immune system and healthy cell division.
- Prenatal vitamins may not include DHA, an omega-3 fish oil beneficial for a baby's brain development. Additional ingredients such as copper, choline, thiamin, vitamin B12, magnesium, and ginger or vitamin B6 (which may reduce morning sickness) might be present.
What to look for in prenatal gummies vitamin
Make sure that gummy vitamins are made with natural ingredients and do not contain any artificial colors or flavors. Look for a formulation that provides beneficial nutrients such as calcium, iron, folate, and vitamins A, B6, B12, and D3. When looking for a brand, consider researching its efficacy standards and gathering customer reviews from other pregnant women.